Pages

July 21, 2017

Work is FUNdamental

This week has been a great one for getting out and doing the work, and i have come to find that if you choose to let yourself have fun then everything seems to become much more enjoyable and your mood is always one of joy and gratefulness. I think the biggest thing i learned this week to help me become happier as we are out all day everyday trying to share the gospel with everyone is to take everyday to God and tell him that i will do my best, and then i find that i am much more willing to be happy throughout the day because i know that God has now entrusted me with certain things throughout the day because He knows i have committed myself to Him. I hope that this has made sense so far because I'm not to good with my words and how i explain things. 
    Something that i learned from the scriptures this week was pretty cool and i thought i would share it with you. So I was reading in 1st Nephi 17 and i realized that whenever Laman and Lemuel were murmuring physically they couldn't feel the spirit and the insight from God that comes with the spirit even if they were wanting to have things confirmed by God, but whenever they were willing to go along with the physical demands of their journey without murmuring then they were able to feel the spirit and gain greater light and knowledge according to their faith. I think the relation between our physical bodies and our spirits is one that has to be wholesome and refined in order to receive revelation from God. I feel that whenever i see that i am murmuring and i stop immediately then that is the point where my life starts turning, that is the point where God is up there saying "he finally understands, now i can proclaim him worthy to receive my heavenly blessings." In light of this realization I am now going to strive even harder to take the advice of Nephi and keep the commandments of the Lord without any murmurings. 
   This week has also been a lot of fun just because Elder MacPherson and I have been enjoying ourselves all throughout the day by making the hardest moments into a time to laugh and tell ourselves it doesn't matter. I love the fact that we are able to lay aside any of those hard moments because the Savior has already dealt with them.  The Savior wants to help us, we just have to let Him.
       Well, once again that's about all i got for this week. Hope y'all can go out and have some good spiritual experiences this week and have fun doing it! "Make it personal, because it is." President Mendenhall.... RIP


Love you all!
Love, Elder Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed for approval weekly. Thank you!