Pages

July 21, 2017

My Testimony

So I figured its been a while since I have really born much of a testimony on here and so I wanted to take a few minutes to do so. I would like to start with a scripture, Matthew 6:24 "no man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other ; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. ye cannot serve God and mammon.". I have been trying to distinguish in my own life when i am serving God and when i am serving mammon so that i can then cut out the times when i am serving mammon, but that is no easy task. I often ask myself "how am I to know which is which?" but God is merciful and He never leaves me hanging. The scripture that always comes to my mind is St John 14:26 which tells us that the Holy Ghost can teach us all things. Now if the Holy Ghost can teach us all things then why doesn't He? Well, its because we need to be worthy, a member of the Godhead can't speak to us when we aren't even trying to get close enough to hear! I know that God wants us to grow and to learn through the guidance of the Holy Ghost, but we must put in our 110% and then God will put in his 110% to help us. Christ tells us in D&C 59:11 that "thy vows shall be offered up in righteousness on all days and at all times." This is no standstill, complacent gospel. This is a Gospel that is meant to help us grow and become better through whatever means God would have us use. i love my Heavenly Father because He lets me grow by letting me choose whether or not to follow Him, and I do want to follow Him. The suffering that Jesus Christ went through for us and the love He has for us allows us to become more than we could ever deserve in our own eyes.  D&C 3:10 "But remember, God is merciful; therefore, repent of that which thou hast done which is contrary to the commandments which i gave you, and thou art still chosen, and art again called to the work." When we sin it doesn't mean that we have lost our status in Gods eyes. It simply means we need to quickly repent and return to the commandments which God has given us. I know that the scriptures can teach us more then we can ever take in and that one of the things they can teach us is how to discern between God and mammon. we just have to be willing to search the scriptures and find those simple truths that we need in our lives. 
         We Got to meet President and Sister Savage this week and they seem like they will be an amazing mission President and Wife for these next 3 years. they are great teachers, they are straight forward and they reach out with love to guide and direct us as missionaries. I love seeing the difference between the Mission Presidents and Wives yet they still act through guidance and inspiration from the Holy Ghost. it just goes to show that we are meant to be ourselves with our individual personalities and life experiences. God didn't make us different just to have us be the exact same as someone else. He wants us to be ourselves and to love ourselves.... as long as we are serving Him and loving Him through it all. 
        We also got to go to our 4th of July picnic on Tuesday and its was tons of fun! we played frisbee, basketball, played catch with a football, tossed around a rugby ball.... and had to wear church clothes the whole time! it was great!! No it really was a ton of fun, the only part that wasn't so much fun was we broke a sweat just getting up to go get a piece of pie!
  
Well that's all folks! see ya next time!

Love you all!
Love, Elder Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed for approval weekly. Thank you!